Contact us supporting

Prepare Student Visa by Yourself

student visa korea

korea student Visa

General Information

• On November 17, 2008, the Republic of Korea joined the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). As a result, on reciprocity, U.S. citizens can visit the Republic of Korea without a visa for duration of up to 90 days of less if the purpose of the trip is for tourism, business, attendance at a conference or visiting families or relatives. (Extension of stay is not permitted)
• A U.S. citizen, who wishes to work, or to engage in profit making activities, is kindly requested to apply for an appropriate entry visa. More visa information is as follows:
▷ Making a transit in the Republic of Korea

A transit traveler may be granted visa-free entry to the Republic of Korea as long as he/she possesses a confirmed onward flight ticket for departure within 30 days after entering the Republic of Korea, in addition to having no record of criminal offence such as illegal stay in the five countries listed below, and falls under either of the following two categories.

(1) If he/she has a visa or re-entry permit for U.S., Japan, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand (five countries) and is traveling to any of these countries through the Republic of Korea; OR

(2) If he/she is traveling from any one of the five countries mentioned above and his/her final destination is not the Republic of Korea.

*NOTE: This exception does not apply to citizens of Cuba and Macedonia.
≫ For U.S. Citizens and Korean-Americans, a five year valid multiple entry C-3 (Short-term visitors) Visa is issued. This visa holder can stay up to 90 days each time he/she visits the Republic of Korea until their visa expire.
(1) General requirements for Visa Application
• A valid passport
• A completed visa application (available to download:
• Passport size photo (2”x 2” color)
• Fee: $45 for American citizens (Cash or money order only; Pay to the Order: Korean Consulate General)
Citizens of other countries must pay a visa processing fee $30 (Single entry less than 90 days), $50 (Single entry more than 90 days), $80 (Multiple entry)
Citizens of other countries must submit their US permanent resident card or valid U.S. visa and flight ticket or flight itinerary
(2) Submitting your visa application via mail If you submit your visa application by mail, please use certified mail so that you may track it later.
Once your visa is issued and you wish to have your passport with the visa mailed back to you, please enclose a self-addressed and pre-paid envelope provided by express mailing services, such as the U.S. Postal Service Express Mail, Federal Express, UPS, or DHL. In this regard, we do not use a regular mail to send out the applicant’s visa for security purposes. (If you have a DHL or UPS account, you may use that.)

Prepare Student Visa by Yourself

Short-Term Visitors (C-3): No documents are required (U.S Citizen Only)
Student Visa (D-2):
- Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
- Certificate of bank balance.
- A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript.
- For an individual who is researching at an educational/scientific research organization:
- Substantiating documents for the research.
- Certificate from the most recent school.
- Letter of personal security assurance (Form 129).
For more information, please visit: