france student Visa
A valid passport is required for all U.S. citizens and foreign national entering France. Visitors must have ready for presentation at the border documentary evidence of the purpose of the visit, means of support for the duration of the stay and accommodation arrangements. To apply visa, you must schedule an appointment for visa interview
For tourist visa, if you’re a citizen who applies with Schengen visa, don’t require to get a visa however 90days are the maximum numbers of stay in France.
For student visa, you need to get a visa from embassy except if you’re a citizen of Switzerland, Andorra, Vatican, San Marino, Monaco or of the European Economic Area.
Prepare Student Visa by Yourself
1. How to apply for a student visa?
All applicants for a student visa must first register with “Campus France”. _ Please visitwww.usa.campusfrance.org e-mail: email@example.com for more information.
Register and obtain an “attestation” from Campus France
Once you complied with Campus France requirements, please make an appointment
2. How to make an appointment?
The applicant must check what the relevant consulate is. In the States, Consulates are located in Washington DC, Chicago, New York, Boston, Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, and San Francisco.
Personal appearance at the Consulate is mandatory. All applicants must first schedule an appointment.
To make an appointment, please visit:
3. Processing time
Processing time depends on your citizenship. It takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive the approval for your visa. If you are a passport holder of one of the following countries, the process can take up to 2 months.
Processing fees can be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard only), cash, money order or certified check made out to "Consulate General of France". Personal checks are not accepted.
• To download the supporting documentation list, please visit:
• 2 long stay application forms (only one for US citizens) is available to download
(http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/IMG/pdf/Formulaire_LS_eng-2.pdf) : if you wish to study more than 3 months in France OR
• 2 short stay application forms (http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/IMG/pdf/Formulaire_SCH_eng.pdf) for alien residents in the US intending to stay in France less than 3 months.
• the OFII Form.( http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/IMG/pdf/formulaire_ofii_ENG-2.pdf)
Be aware that the visa section does not make copies. Please provide us with the original and the copy of each required document.
• a self-addressed prepaid EXPRESS MAIL envelope from the US POST OFFICE ONLY Please fill out the mailing label as follows :
FROM: Your full name, your address
TO: Your full name, your address
5. Important information
The Consulate could request more documents than the one submitted by the applicant. Please be aware that submitting the required documents does not guarantee the issuance of the visa.