Contact us supporting

Prepare Student Visa by Yourself

student visa china

china student Visa

General Information

Tourist visa and student visa are required to travel in China. If you’re willing to stay more than 6 months of studying, you must apply for student visa.

Prepare Student Visa by Yourself

Requirement Documents

1) Passport – You should submit your original passport that is valid for at least another 6 months with at least one blank visa page and a photocopy of the passport's information/photo page.
2) Visa Application Form – You should submit the Visa Application Form of the People's Republic of China (V2011A) which is truthfully completed and signed. You should submit the truthfully completed and signed Supplementary Visa Application Form (V2011B). If you are seeking to work (Z Visa) or study (X Visa) in China, if you are a citizen of a third country, or if someone else traveling with you shares the same passport with you.
* Forms are available to download at:
3) Photo – Please affix one color photo on the Application Form. The photo should be recent, front view, in 48mm x33mm size without head covering.
4) Proof of U.S. Residency Status – Third country citizens need to provide the original and a photocopy of proof of U.S. residency, work or study, proof of residency in the consular district (e.g. ID, water or electricity bills or tenancy agreement, etc. ) or a valid U.S. visa.
5) Original Chinese Passport – First-time applicants whose former nationality was Chinese, or who were born in China (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan), need to submit the original Chinese passport and a photocopy of the passport's information/photo page, and extension page (if applicable).
6) Certificate of Name Change – If the name in the new passport is different from that in the original one, the official document issued by authorities for name change should be submitted.
7)Previous Chinese Visa – Foreign citizens who were born in China and had obtained a Chinese visa before, when applying for visa with a new passport, should submit a photocopy of the original passport's information/photo page and the page containing the previous Chinese visa.

Additional Materials to Be Submitted and Special Explanations
1) Tourist Visa (L Visa)
*An U.S. Citizen who was of Chinese origin and born in China and had obtained L visa at least twice in the past two years may apply for a multiple-entry L visa valid for two years.
* An U.S. citizen who was of Chinese origin or a Chinese citizen's American spouse or child, when applying for a multiple-entry L Visa valid for two years, should submit the relevant marriage certificate, birth certificate, proof of kinship and other documents required by the visa officer.
2) Student Visa (X Visa)
- The original and a photocopy of the school admission letter, and Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by the Chinese authorities are required. (These two documents are also required for applicants who visit China for short-term studies/advanced studies, and stay for no more than six months.)
* X Visa holders must apply for a residence permit at the local public security authorities within 30 days of entry into China.
For more information, please visit: