singapore student Visa
All travellers are required to go through immigration clearance upon arrival into Singapore.
The granting of visit passes to visitors is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they can be considered for entry into Singapore:
• A passport with at least 6 months validity
• Valid Singapore visa, if applicable
• Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore
• Confirmed onward/return tickets (where applicable)
• Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
• Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card
• Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on the visitor's passport. Visitors are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given before leaving the checkpoint.
All visitors on visit passes are not permitted to engage in any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Singapore.
Visitors are also reminded that it is a punishable offence to overstay in Singapore beyond the number of days given. If there is a need to stay beyond the period granted, visitors may apply for an extension of stay online via e-XTEND or at the Visitors Services Centre, 4th storey, ICA Building, before the visit pass expires. Application for extension of stay is subject to approval.
Prepare Student Visa by Yourself
A foreigner is required to apply for a Student's Pass if he/she has been accepted by an educational institution to pursue full-time studies in Singapore, unless he/she is a:
• Dependent’s Pass holder studying in a Government/ Government-Aided/ Independent school/ Foreign System School/ Kindergarten registered with MOE or Childcare center licensed by MCYS;
• Immigration Exemption Order holder; or
• Visitor who has been granted a short term Visit Pass at the Singapore Checkpoint and wish to attend a short course that can be completed within the validity of the initial Visit Pass granted to him/her at the Singapore Checkpoint or 30 days, whichever is shorter. The course must:
o Be a complete module and stand-alone module of its own. Courses with multiple program modules are excluded from this Student's Pass exemption scheme; and
o Not involve hands-on practical occupational training and/or industrial attachment which have interaction with walk-in customers or be conducted at premises that are also places of business, e.g. hair salons and beauty salons.
Depending on the type of educational institution that a foreigner is intending to study at, the requirements and procedures for applying for a Student's Pass will differ.
For further information, please visit: http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx?pageid=256