Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)International House
- Airport Pickup
- +64 9 921 9630
- +64 921 9400
- AUT International House Level 13, AUT TOWER Corner Rutland & Wakefield Streets Auckland New Zealand
Why This School?
- Off-campus Residence
- Private language institute (at University)
- Founded in 1953 the World IH Organisation is one of the largest language training organisations in the world with over 150 schools in 50 different countries.
- AUT International House chooses the best possible teachers. Our teaching methods are modern and effective.
- Average of 16 students/maximum 18 students.
About the International House
- AUT International House is one of New Zealand's leading English language teaching organisations. It is part of the Auckland University of Technology, which was originally founded as a Technical School in 1895 and became a university in January 2000. It offers certificates, diplomas, degrees and post-graduate programmes and has over 25,000 students enrolling each year in the Faculties of Arts, Business, Health Studies, Mãori Development, and Science and Engineering. AUT International House is the only New Zealand member of the International House World Organisation. International House was established with the aim of improving the standard of English language teaching worldwide. Over 120 affiliated schools and teacher training branches in 50 countries make up the IH World Organisation. Over 60,000 students follow language courses in IH schools each year.
About the Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Auckland University of Technology (AUT) was granted university status at the end of 1999. It was founded in 1895 and now has 25,000 students. It offers programmes for Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelor Degrees, Post Graduate Diplomas, and Masters Degrees.
- Curriculum :
We offer General English classes at all levels. Students can choose to study General English either part-time or full-time. The course aims to develop and extend students’ English language abilities through input and practice in the four skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing, with emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Small class sizes and a focus on communication are an important part of these classes.
Classroom Hour :
23h per week. Classes run between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Thursday and between 08:00am to 2:20pm on Fridays.
|Class size||12 Students||Schedule||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 Weeks|
|Course Level||6||VISA Info||Acceptance letter issue|
|Minimum age||18||Accommodation||Homestay, Off-campus Residence|
|※ From the Course Starting Dates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52Weeks(month) Choose|
|School's Admin fee|
|Housing Placement fee|
Remarks / Other Information
- * Dates and Fees are approximate and may change without prior notice.
- Homestay accommodation: Our homestay families are carefully selected for their ability to understand and meet the needs of overseas students. Every family has been visited by one of the staff members from our Accommodation Office.
Residential accommodation centrally located: AUT International House offers residential accommodation for students in the Wellesley Student Apartments, a 5-minute walk from AUT International House and downtown Auckland.
- Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city with a population of over 1.5 million. The city is well known for its mild climate, excellent beaches and swimming, thousands of yachts, glorious scenery and friendly people. The city offers a range of cultural attractions including theatres, concerts, museums, and art galleries. AUT International House is right in the centre of downtown Auckland, opposite the historic Civic Theatre and one block from the Town Hall. The school is well equipped and occupies two floors of a modern building overlooking the main AUT campus and has views over the harbour and out to the islands.
- Facilities: AUT International House has a student lounge (with microwaves, fridges and vending machines) and a computer laboratory where Internet facilities are available for a small fee. AUT International House students can also use all the facilities of AUT including the library, the learning centre, the restaurants, the fitness centre, and the medical centre.
- Weekend Social and Free Student Activities: We can facilitate the booking of weekend excursions and activities for students throughout the year. For more info please visit our News & Activities Menu. Every Friday afternoon our teachers organise activities for the students such as conversation classes, games, tournaments and outdoor visits (subject to interest).