japan student Visa
For short-term visit:
People from Canada, The U.S, Poland, Spain, Malta, Australia, Hong Kong, France, Singapore, and New Zealand will not require visa for a period of stay up to 3 months (90 days). People from U.K, Germany, and Ireland will not require visa for a period of stay up to 6 months.
For Student Visa:
Students must get a visa with following requirements from the embassy.
Prepare Student Visa by Yourself
APPLICATION FILED WITH CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicant's valid passport, properly signed by applicant
2. VISA APPLICATION FORM TO ENTER JAPAN (http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/j/download/VISA_APPLI.pdf), completely filled out and signed by the applicant.
3. One photograph (2" x 2" ) attached to application form
4. Original "Certificate of Eligibility" from the Ministry of Justice in Japan and one photocopy (For instructions for obtaining the Certificate of Eligibility, have your Sponsor in Japan refer to www.immi-moj.go.jp.)
APPLICATION FILED WITHOUT CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicant's valid passport, properly signed by the bearer
2. VISA APPLICATION FORM TO ENTER JAPAN (http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/j/download/VISA_APPLI.pdf), completely filled out and signed by the applicant
3. One photograph (2" x 2") attached to the application form
4. A copy of acceptance letter from the receiving educational institution
In addition, if you are;
receiving Fulbright Grant from Japan-US Educational Commission, the grant authorization form from the commission a researcher, a research proposal and/or curriculum issued by the relevant educational institution attending a vocational school, documents certifying your Japanese language skills (e.g. certificate of Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 2 and above)
5. Documents certifying that the applicant can defray all expenses incurred during his/her stay in Japan (e.g. bank statement, documents certifying the scholarship/grants that the applicant has been awarded)
6. One clear photocopy of all the documents you are submitting
The Embassy of Japan reserves the right to request additional documents if deemed necessary. Please allow at least four business days to have your application reviewed. (Cases without the Certificate of Eligibility may take a few months.)
The Embassy of Japan will not make copies. If you need original documents, please bring the original and one copy. Visa Fees: vary with nationality.
We accept Cash or Money Orders (payable to: Embassy of Japan) Only.
Note: The fees will be revised every April.
For more information, please visit :