australia student Visa
For tourist visa:
1) ETA (visitor): An electronically stored authority for short-term visits to Australia of up to 3 months. Available to passport holders from a number of countries and regions, who are outside Australia.
2) eVisitors: An electronically stored authority for visits to Australia for tourism or business purposes for up to three months. Available to passport holders from the European Union and a number of other European countries, who are outside Australia.
3) Tourist visa: A temporary visa allowing a stay in Australia of up to three or six or 12 months. Applicants can apply from both outside and in Australia. Some tourists are eligible to lodge an online application for an e676 Tourist visa.
4) Sponsored Family Visitor Visa: For people seeking to visit family in Australia for a stay period of up to 12 months. Formal sponsorship by an Australian citizen or permanent resident is required.
Prepare Student Visa by Yourself
All student visa applications can be available as an online application.
Please visit: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/
Start an application
You are encouraged to complete your application with as much information as possible at time of lodgement. Applications with missing information may take longer to finalise.
Note: Online lodgement is not available to students who could not complete their studies in Australia because of an education provider default and who wish to make a Student visa application for no fee.Please contact the nearest office of the department as soon as possible for assistance.
Education Provider's Approval to Deliver Courses is Removed
Student Visa Centres
If you are affected by an education provider default, and wish to make an online application you must pay the fee and meet the requirements for an online application.
|Outside Australia||All Assessment Level 1 students outside Australia can apply online for their new student visa.
Your passport country and course of study determines your assessment level. If you are not sure, you are an Assessment Level 1 student you should check via the Student Visa options.
Online lodgement of Student visa applications is also available to citizens of the following countries who are residing in their country at the time of application:
• People's Republic of China
Important: If your online application is lodged when you are outside Australia, you must also be outside Australia before the visa can be granted. Refunds are not available if you enter Australia on another type of visa before your online application has been decided.
|First Student Visa
Student Visa Options
Electronic Lodgement Trial for Assessment Level 2-4 Applicants
Student Visa Program - Assessment Levels(formerly known as Form 1219i) (141KB PDF file)
|In Australia||If you are currently in Australia and are applying for your first Student visa or a further student visa.
If you were granted a Student visa before 26 April 2008 and have not yet applied for Permission to Work.
Note: You and your family members may only apply for Permission to Work after you have commenced your course in Australia.
|First Student Visa
Student Further Stay
Permission to Work
Continue a saved application
|Outside Australia||You will need to use your Saved Application ID and password.||Continue a Saved Application|
|In Australia||You will need to use your Saved Application ID and password.||Continue a Saved Application|
To complete an application you may be required to fill in Health Forms and attach supporting documentation.
Download Health Forms (if required)
Attaching Documents to a Student Visa Application
|Outside or in Australia||You will need to use your Transaction Reference Number (TRN).
Note: Singapore and German Citizens may experience problems checking on the progress of their application through the department's query application status facility.
|Check the progress of your application
Singapore Visa Applications
German Visa Applications