Focus of Study :
UCI Division of Continuing Education’s comprehensive International Undergraduate Preparation Program (IUPP) gives qualified international high school students essential skills and acculturation opportunities to help them advance their education in the U.S. Through rigorous academic coursework, intensive test preparation, cultural orientation, personalized advising, and strategic application assistance, IUPP prepares international students not just for freshman admission, but for success in their undergraduate studies. This winning combination of interactive English teaching and academic and skills-based training is ideal for students looking to ready themselves for the demands of studying in an international setting.
Benefit, Goal of this course :
- Transferable credit toward your degree, including UCI undergraduate and intensive college preparation courses
- Exclusive Undergraduate Preparation Seminar and workshops in U.S. university expectations, resources, and culture
- Comprehensive academic support and individualized advising
- Strategic guidance and assistance with university applications
- SAT, TOEFL iBT and other test preparation to help you reach your target score
- Intensive Academic English support, including coursework and tutoring in English, American culture and academic university study skills
- Intercultural conversation experiences with current UCI students who will meet in one-on-one or group conversational settings
- Introduction to and interaction with the UCI campus, its prestigious faculty, its abundant resources,a nd its academic rigor
- Social events and excursions with other international and American students
- IUPP General Track
The General Track course plan is designed for students with a general course of study, especially useful for students who have not chosen a major.
- IUPP Specialized Track
The Specialized Track is developed for students with a specific course of study in mind and have been top-performing students in high school.
- IUPP Accelerated Track (available in Fall 2019)
The Accelerated Track is created for students who have demonstrated proficient English language skills and want to experience college life at a top university such as UCI while they are waiting for their university acceptances.
- IUPP Fundamentals Track
This track offers students provisional acceptance to IUPP General or Specialized Tracks.
Classroom Hour :